05 Jun Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe
Bertha Shiraz 2020 Paired with Wild Mushroom Risotto with Oyster and Shimeji Mushrooms
- 6 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup of arborio rice
- 1/2 cup of dry white wine
- 1 cup of wild mushrooms, sliced (such as oyster and shimeji)
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley or chives for garnish
- Heat the chicken or vegetable broth in a medium saucepan and keep it warm over low heat.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the skillet and sauté for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the arborio rice to the skillet and stir well to coat the rice with the oil and butter.
- Pour in the white wine and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the warm broth to the skillet and stir until the liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding ladleful’s of broth to the skillet, constantly stirring, until the rice is cooked al dente (usually takes about 20-25 minutes).
- While the risotto is cooking, slice the oyster and shimeji mushrooms.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the sliced mushrooms and grated parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir well.
- Season the risotto with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish the risotto with fresh parsley or chives and serve immediately.
Pairing with Bertha Shiraz 2020:
The Bertha Shiraz 2020 pairs well with the earthy and savoury flavours of the wild mushroom risotto. The wine’s dark fruit notes complement the richness of the parmesan cheese and its tannins cut through the creaminess of the risotto.
Enjoy your Wild Mushroom Risotto with Oyster and Shimeji Mushrooms and Bertha Shiraz 2020!